Monday, January 5, 2009

Joshua and my favorite gift
My girls
Opening gifts
I love my men

Well apparently Santa was able to over look a few things this year because Christmas morning came and we found way too many gifts under the tree (again!)  Mike and I went to bed at about 4:00 because I waited until the last night to make the kids blankets.  And just because we had a long night, for the first time since they were born, the kids all came to wake us up at 6AM!  Being the mean parents that we are, we made them wait to open any gifts until 9:00 when we finally rolled out of bed.   
Although they didn't seem to get the items on  Santa's list, such as cell phones, itouch, dogs that you can carry in a purse and laptops they did pretty well.  What ever happened to a bike, a barbie or roller skates?  We did have a surprise this year.  Mike's mom "Grandma Hawaii" as the kids know her, decided to pop in for a visit.  It was fun for the kids to get to know her and to spend Christmas with her.   I was a little emotional thinking that I will never again have a baby's first Christmas.  I know I'm so dramatic!  It's just a strange feeling when you know it's your last baby.  Sophia is getting so big so fast.  I am savoring every second with her.  Not only did she get her first Christmas gifts, even got her Christmas Eve PJ's.  
Besides all of the beautiful jewelry that I got from Mike, my very favorite gift had to be from Joshua.  Joshua is such a determined little kid.  He found an old frame in the storage room that Mike had in the throw away pile.  He found some paint (in his sisters room) and painted the frame red with white polka dots.  Then he found a picture in my laundry room of us at Disneyland in Pirate hats and he even tied a ribbon to the frame for me to hang it.  I found it Christmas morning wrapped under the tree.  Never once did he ever ask for anyones help.  Lotions, jewelry and clothes will come and go but that will be a gift that I will always treasure.

No comments: