Monday, March 2, 2009

You're still the one

Twelve years ago I made the best decision of my life.  I married my soul mate, my best friend and the love of my life.   I was 24 years old.  I had been divorced and had been in and out of relationships.  Then I met Mike.  I will have that day branded in my head forever.  I even remember what he was wearing.  I remember thinking how tall, dark and handsome he was and how he towered over me which was a little intimidating yet made me feel safe.   I remember thinking "this yummy guy is quiet a catch" and not feeling like I had a chance.   But for some reason he was attracted to my emotional drama.  He had a thing for my disorganized passion and fell in love with my crazy flair.  Within a couple of weeks we were inseparable
There was a short time that I got scared and pushed him away.  I didn't want to get it wrong again and I almost lost him.  It makes me sad when I think about it.  Then I had an "AHA" moment and I realized what an amazing blessing I had been handed.  Here is this amazing man that I was ridiculously attracted to, treated me like a princess and he wanted me!   So he gave me a second change that I didn't deserve and 12 years ago he made me his wife.  
I know that I talk too much.  Everyone that knows me knows that I am an open book.   So I'm sure I've told you that he makes me crazy.  Of course he makes me crazy he's a man!  But what I have also told you is how crazy I am about him.  The truth is I love taking care of him and I love making him happy.  
There is just something about him - he just does it for me.    I love his hands.  We hold hands every night as we fall asleep.  I love his size.  There is nothing like being held by a man that is 6'5 with big strong hands.   His arms are comforting and secure like a toasty warm blanket.  
Cool is such a funny, childish word but he is just so cool to me.  Cool in a smooth and romantic type of way.  He has this amazing voice and I still get a little embarrassed when he sings love songs to me, but I love it.  He has a way with the women.  He sings to Sophia and she can't take her eyes off of him.  It melts my heart and makes her so happy.  
When I see him out on the football field coaching my son there is something just so sexy about that to me.  Sharing something that he is so passionate about with his little boy.  I don't always realize how lucky I am that his first priority is his children.  I'm jealous - but I'm still lucky.
I love his great mind.  I am amazed on a daily basis how intelligent he is.  I love that I never need to feel insecure about the well being of our family because I know that he will always take care of us.  I love that he makes me feel desired and beautiful.  He always tells me I'm beautiful even when I'm 9 months pregnant.  I love that he says it so much that my four sons tell me I'm beautiful daily.  
He doesn't always tell me how great I am but everyone else he tells tells me.  So I know he thinks it even if he can't always say it to me.  I love that we do everything together.  We shop together, we travel together, we Ebay together, always go to bed together and we raise our children together.  There's nobody else I would rather have on my team.   And most importantly I  love the six beautiful children that he has given me, they are my world.  So to my hunky husband on our 12th Anniversary.  I hope you know that you are my "Everything".  You are "Still the one"  and I wouldn't trade our "Love Story" for the world.  I am and have always been totally, completely and passionately in love with you.   




I've added all of the songs that he sings to me.   He is such a romantic:)

9 comments:

The Boyacks said...

Happy Anniversary! Loved your tribute to your hubby and hearing your story - so fun!

The Boyacks said...

Happy Anniversary! Loved your tribute to your hubby and love hearing your story about you and Mike. Thanks for sharing - so fun to read!

Jam said...

what a wonderful tribute! Happy Anniversary- wow 12 years! I hope I can say the same about mine when I hit that milestone. Well done my friend!

kelly said...

These were SOOOOO fun to see, I loved it! I hope you make sure he reads that - very cool and a wonderful letter for your whole posterity to read...Great job Lisa!

Chelle said...

Adored your "love story." I hope Mike read it! You two are a dynamo couple! Happy Anniversary! We celebrated #9 the day before you... on the 1st. I'm feeling a little guilty I didn't blog about it. Don't tell...maybe there's still time:)

Cindy England said...

awwwww! now that is just sweet Lisa! What a great tribute to Mike. Happy Anniversary! xoxo, C

Buzybugs pixie.blogspot.com said...

Happy Anniversary! What a cute post. Your such a darling girl and your husband is such a great guy! I miss talking to him in the nursery room, I thought it was so funny he and other guys would come in there with Holly and I and hang out.
Your a darling couple that work SO well together, so happy for you.

Buzybugs pixie.blogspot.com said...

hmm.. I am annoyed, I wrote on here and I am not sure why it did nt show up. You guys are such a cute couple, your such a darling girl. I have been excited to get to know you more and more. Happy Anniversary, here is too many many more..

Buzybugs pixie.blogspot.com said...

Ok, I am dumb.... blog owner approval duh, I really am a blonde!!