Thursday, March 19, 2009

AND 1

As basketball season comes to an end.  Well kind of.  We just had our year end party for the 4th grade league but Mike just signed them up for a new tournament and the 3rd grad league just started a new run at Marv Jensen so it's not really over but I thought I should post some pics of the season so far.  It used to make me crazy that my husband was so obsessed with sports and coaching my sons.  And one day when I was talking to Mark he said so simply "why would you want to keep him away from something that makes him so happy"  and my whole outlook changed.  It could be a strip club or a bottle of booze, so I guess I'll take the coaching thing and do what I do best - plan the year end party.  I took a cake decorating class once because I wanted all my kids to have fabulous cakes.  Then I realized it's much easier to buy the cake and tell someone else how you want it decorated.   When I showed up with this awesome cake with all the boys pictures on it the boys were so pumped that they got to eat their own face.  Little boys are so funny :)  
So back to the coaching, I have to say Mike is an amazing coach.  I have so many parents tell me how happy they are that they found Mike.  He never loses his cool with the boys and he truly loves teaching them and loves sharing his passion for the game.  
It was such a fun year for Josh because he got to play basketball with his cousin John and his friend Jackson across the street.  The 3 of them were a force to be reckoned with.   The last picture cracked me up.  The boys were all running plays before the game and there was a dad for every kid right there in the middle of it all.  It's so amazing to me that you can't get a man home from work but as soon as there is a little league game, their whole schedule just clears up.  And I finally figured out what AND 1 means!  
What cool mom did that?  ME! With a little help from Sam's
One proud dad
That would be my boy
Joshua following in his brothers footsteps
6 boys 6 dads at practice I guess my husbands no the only obsessed dad in the world

1 comment:

Buzybugs pixie.blogspot.com said...

That is an awesome cake, how did you do that? Great one I must say!