Monday, December 1, 2008

Ladies and Gentlemen - The Perfect Turkey!






This year Thanksgiving was a little bit more of a intimate affair.  My family when down to the resort to be with my sisters Pam and Julie and their families.  We unfortunately weren't able to make the trip because Zach was in a basketball tournament.   Although the guest list was short, we had a great time.  For our Thanksgiving dinner there was my little family, my brother Mark who was home from Brazil where he is currently working for Azul my brother David's new Airline and my sister Pam joined us up from Southern Utah.  My sister has been at Primary Children's Hospital for over a week with her little boy Stephen.  Although I'm sad that Stephen isn't feeling well, I'm glad that I was able to spend the holiday with my sister.  
I was so proud of my self.  I pulled off the perfect turkey!  It was moist and it looked like it was out of a magazine.  I love entertaining.  I have so many fun glasses, punch bowls and serving platters and decorations thanks to my cute husband.  Every Christmas he gives me some amazing piece that puts me in the mood for a party.  
After dinner we put on some Christmas music and we decked the halls.  I was so excited to get all of the Christmas decorations up so early.  It just makes it worth the effort when you have more time to enjoy them.  So here's to spending way too much money and eating more than we should.  Who doesn't love the holidays?

1 comment:

Buzybugs pixie.blogspot.com said...

That turkey looks great! Sorry to hear ur nephew is in the hospital! That is never fun!